TCS will help Ericsson to build and operate a Cloud-based R&D digital workplace. The partnership will help Ericsson to enable anytime-anywhere access and automated delivery of the development environment for its global R&D workforce. TCS will also support Ericsson’s globally distributed teams with on-demand, zero-touch, and remote provisioning. It will also launch a 24×7 Command Center at Hyderabad, India, to help Ericsson accelerate R&D efforts.
ArcelorMittal has awarded a long term contract to Infosys for the digital transformation of its European operations. The value of the contract was not disclosed. Infosys will offer app and business process management services to the world’s largest steelmaker. The Bengaluru based firm will also establish a BPM service in steel maker’s Business BCoE shared services centre. The contract will further strengthen Infosys’ presence in Europe.
Tech Mahindra has launched ServiceNow Business Unit for the digital transformation of clients. Together they will build joint customers through rapid prototyping and development of the next-gen low code, no code apps across 5G, IoT, AI/ML, customer experience across telecom, media, entertainment, energy and utility sectors.“This BU will unlock the promise of digital productivity and deliver customer success,” said Charu Kapur, Global Head – Enterprise of Future, Tech M.
Digital payments will account for a 71.7 % share of all transactions in India by 2025, said a report by ACI Worldwide, a provider of payment solutions to enterprises. The rest (28.3%) will be by cash and cheques. The report claimed that in 2020 India was ahead of China with 25.5 bn real-time payments transactions, compared to Beijing’s 15.7 bn. In 2020, instant payments accounted for 15.6 %, electronic payments 22.9 % and cash and cheques 61.4 %, the report said.
Microsoft has won a contract of $21.88 bn to sell the US. Army AR headsets based on HoloLens product and backed by Azure cloud computing services. The tech giant, for the last two years, has been working with the Army on the prototyping– called Integrated Visual Augmentation System. Now the project has moved into the production phase. The headsets will deliver enhanced situational awareness, enabling information sharing and decision-making.
Around 55% of the CIOs plan to increase the total number of full-time employees in their team to push digital initiatives throughout 2021, said research firm Gartner. Positions will be opened for the techies having experience in the areas of automation, cloud, analytics platforms, and support for remote work. The need to accelerate digital initiatives, by a large margin, will drive talent acquisition, followed by automation and rising cloud adoption.
Bill Miller, SVP and CIO, NetApp said that as a CIO he believes that post-COVID-19 is going to create a very different dynamic in the offices. He suggested that the ideal scenario would be a combination of WFH and work from the office. Miller said that the key challenge, in the post-pandemic world, would be to maintain an expectation of collaboration and productivity from the teams, a few of the employees may be down the street but may not come to the office.
PayPal will start allowing its users in the USA to use cryptocurrencies to pay its online merchants across the globe. Those having bitcoin, ether, bitcoin cash and litecoin in PayPal digital wallets will be able to convert them into currencies at checkouts to make the transaction. PayPal is working on the service since late last year, and in few months it will be available to its 29 mn merchants.
Microsoft added a new feature which that can be used to transform work on Word to PowerPoint presentations. To convert Word document on the web as PowerPoint a user can click on File > Export > Export to PowerPoint introduction, select the subject, and afterwards stand two or three seconds while the assistance naturally changes over it into a deck. The new feature can only be used in English and works in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.